CLICK CITY® TOBACCO PREVENTION PROGRAM
What is Click City® Tobacco
- An evidence-based online tobacco prevention program for 5th and 6th grade students.
- Includes content about e-cigarettes/vaping products, cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
- Consists of eight lessons (15 - 20 minutes each) delivered over four weeks.
- Meets curriculum standards (health, science and math) with optional activities that meet additional standards.
- Requires little teacher time. Students work on it individually, allowing for teacher flexibility.
- Delivered with fidelity. The program automatically tracks student progress and delivers program content sequentially so that all students progress through the entire program in the same sequence.
- Program includes parent newsletters, with talking points for positive parent-student communication about tobacco.
- Program includes a teacher’s manual.
- Click City® Tobacco staff are available for technical and program support.
Who Created Click City® Tobacco?
The original Click City® Tobacco program was developed at the Oregon Research Institute through a grant from the National Cancer Institute (R01CA098555; Principal Investigator: Judy Andrews, PhD). The program was revised and enhanced at Oregon Research Behavioral Intervention Strategies, Inc., also known as Influents Innovations, through a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (R44DA044025; Multiple Principal Investigators: Judy Andrews, PhD and Judith Gordon, PhD).
The Science Behind Click City® Tobacco
Click City® Tobacco Results
Effectiveness of Click City® Tobacco (pdf file)